http://www.mrsinappropriate.blogspot.com Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

No Wonder my hair is getting GREY



Ok guys I really really need to VENT!!! To make a long story short our 17 year old wants to propose to his girlfriend! Yeah I said 17 years old!!!!! I know what you all are thinking! No she is not pregnant! He is in love.. Yeah whatever! Don't get me wrong I love her to death but the two of them are just too dam young to even think about getting married! (she is 18) So I convinced him into getting her a promise ring and offered to take him and even help pay for the dam ring! He loved the idea!! Here is the problem I have a coupon for 30% off which expires tomorrow and I can't go tomorrow so I want to go today! Josh has plans today and tomorrow would be better for him! Hello... I'm doing him the favor and not the other way around right?? Needless to say I got pissed and told him he can do this without my help! Just another reminder of what it takes to be a parent.. God help me..






6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's rough. I don't envy you. My son is 3 1/2 and I don't know how I'm going to deal with this stuff LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait WHAT? It must be in the air.....either that or I need to stock up on my midol. I dont even think I have any advice for you on this but just go with the flow? I mean really what can you do? I suppose it could be worse. You were sweet to offer to help him out...I dont know how I would have handled that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! No! No proposals!

    When I was 17, my boyfriend at the time was 20. He bought a diamond ring and planned to propose to me. I found out about it, had a long talk with him.... and then I dumped his ass because obviously he was crazy. I was NOT ready for that question! He blew it!

    Maybe tell your son this story? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG....I thought cheerleading would be your biggest problem this month. Man kids just really can't see past the present moment can they. I think the promise ring thing was a great idea. Is he graduating this year? If you can just drag it on for awhile...time can have a way of opening up kids eyes. They can also be incredibly self centered too. My daughter can be that way sometimes too. Good luck. Let me know if you need to vent more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I thot cheerleading drama would be your biggest drama this month. Your promise ring is a great idea. The longer you can stall him the better. Time has a way of helping them see the light and grow up a bit after high school. Teenagers think "now" and not much farther. They can also be kind of self centered too. My daughter is from time to time and shes 23. Good luck...keep me posted and let me know if you need to vent any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend! All I can say is "Bless your heart!" He is lucky that you offered to help him out! He definetly should wait! I love the promise ring idea. I do not encourage anyone to rush into marriage especially at such a young age. I did get married at 21 so I don't have much room to talk. When I was a teenager I used to tell everyone I wasn't getting married until I was 30 and not having kids until 35. Well that flew out the window! lol Good luck with this delimma!

    ReplyDelete